We asked a bunch of members about what they’d learned at Second City. We then distilled the answers down to come up with headlines. Here are some of the headlines…
Some people use Second City to get through rough times, and some people look forward to their time with us as the genuine highlight of their day. Some people use us as a tool to help their physical health, for some people we are more of a mental health service and some people see us as both.
Here’s a list of things that we have been fortunate to teach people over the years. Some are serious, and some are lighthearted…
1. I can do it. Whatever it is, I can do it.
2. The easy-looking challenges usually aren’t that easy, and the opposite also holds true.
4. Mistakes are to be made. The key is to not repeat them. The best kept secret is to learn from others’ mistakes.
5. Twenty minutes can drag on forever or twenty minutes can go in the blink of an eye.
6. Strength is learned through correct technique. It’ll help out when things get tough.
7. The encouragement of others lifts people up; encouraging others makes people happier.
8. People wish they’d skipped rope more as a kid. And played more on the monkey bars.
9. Surprising results come from sheer determination and a refusal to quit.
10. The strongest or the weakest muscle in your body is usually between the ears. Make it the strongest for success.
11. Simple doesn’t mean easy. Complex doesn’t mean difficult.
Maybe you read this list and it resonated with you. Maybe you want to write your own list of things that you’ve learned at your gym. Whatever you decide to do you need to realise that the path to doing something great starts with the willingness to try.
Are you ready to start? Are you willing to try? What will you learn at your next training session?
Inspiration provided by Denis Paradis at Catalystgym.com.